“Act like wherever you are, that’s the place to be.” – Fast Times at Ridgemont High
Much like life in the very special region of El Paso, Texas, LARGep operates on a very personal level. And much like life on the border, we take both sides into consideration when it comes to you and your work. Having been born and raised in El Paso, the founders of LARGep know better than most how unique and rich the region is, both artistically and commercially.
We created LARGep to bring the world’s attention to this place and the work you’re doing here, while also raising the hometown community’s support for its artists. We know El Paso truly is “the place to be” and we’re working hard to convey that message to the rest of the world through innovative promotion of its artists.
Traditionally, publicists get hired to do their thing for you, keeping much of their work separate from yours. Press releases are sent out, interviews are scheduled, reports are written and invoices are submitted—and that’s pretty much it. What LARGep aims to do is empower artists and arts entities with the do-it-yourself know-how so that they can go forward on their own after working with us to determine the most effective process of promotion.
We want to share the tricks of the trade and teach you what we’ve learned about marketing, publicity, journalism, audience awareness, community outreach, and all the other things that go into selling what you do to the world, resulting in success and profits that mean you can continue doing what you do.
For those individuals and organizations desiring to maintain the more typical publicist-client relationship, we can do that, too. We’re here to work the way that’s best for you.
Our work stems from experience in journalism as well as a marketing and publicity, with established networks in both arenas. We also offer a background in traditional corporate PR, meaning we can professionally bridge the more creative, edgy side of the arts and entertainment industry with the more commercial, numbers-oriented realm.
Just a few of the ways we can help you reach your goals for awareness and sales include:
• Establishing partnerships with PR and marketing representatives from distribution companies pertinent to your work. This results in broader media coverage utilizing their networks as well as LARGep’s.
• Assessing editorial calendars for arts, entertainment, and industry/commercial publications up to a year in advance in order to pitch your work as timely, one-of-a-kind topics on many levels, not just in tandem with a release date or a specific project.
• Approaching media to do human interest or lifestyle pieces that have broader appeal and can expand your audience and customer base.
• Conducting outreach to fan sites and message boards or email lists to analyze the market for your work and recruit fan help in requesting media coverage, using effective word-of-mouth to increase hype that demands press attention. This also provides substantive data to publications, not to mention buyers of your work, as an argument of your work’s breadth of audience.
The diverse spectrum of LARGep clients includes:
- Ballet Solaris, professional ballet company merging the traditional art with unique border culture and history
- Martin Bencomo, bilingual children’s author
- Blackbird Concepts, media production company
- Cinco Puntos Press, lauded publisher of Latino and bilingual literature
- El Paso Opera, merging grassroots community outreach with the great traditions of this magnificent art
- Adrian Esparza, author and renowned touring/session guitarist
- Mexicans at Night, up-and-coming rock band mixing rock ‘n’ revolution with Latin rhythms
- Morakestra, rock-pop outfit whose forthcoming album Witness to Connection was recorded and produced by Jim Ward of Sparta, Sleepercar and At the Drive-In
- Plaza Classic Film Festival, the world’s largest festival showcasing cinema’s greatest titles
- Spiralmind, border-born comic book series melding Judaic and Christian mythology with the age-old battle of good vs. evil
- Strategic Investments Records, hip-hop collective emphasizing quality music with positive listening experiences